Thursday, March 22, 2018

Garden Log --- March 22, 2018

I finished Bed #C1 today.  After the Flathead Monster Orange tomatoes and the jalapenos, we have:

  1. Regiment Spinach - Territorial Seed Company
  2. Viroflay Spinach - Pinetree Garden Seeds
  3. Stuttgarter Onions - Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds
  4. Cardinal Swiss ChardPinetree Garden Seeds
  5. Hong Tae Pak Choy - Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds
  6. Extra Dwarf Pak Choy - (saved seeds)
  7. Winter Density Lettuce - Seedsnow.com
  8. Black Nebula Carrots - Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds
  9. Sweetheart Beets - Seed Savers Exchange
  10. Roxa Beans - FB Garden Group (looks like a lima bean, couldn't find any information on this one online.)



My little Stuttgarter Onions

I finished fertilizing the big banana trees and put new soil in their containers and moved them to their summer spots.  They got a good dose of fish fertilizer.  The same for the Brown Turkey Fig which is now situated in front of the pergola in the potted garden.  I brought out several other plants from the greenhouse, and will be doing the same for them tomorrow. I ran out of steam! ha!

The pecan trees are starting to leaf out...

and my Dad's bearded iris are just beautiful right now. I wish these would flower longer - it seems like we get a big flush of these in early spring and then that's it.  They just don't last long, so I'm enjoying them while I can.


More garden news tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment