Thursday, April 6, 2017

Spring Garden Log -- April 6, 2017

Bed #4 is complete now! Yeah! I've been working slowly thru it this week to finish -- my darn knee is really keeping me from going full out, but I don't want to make it worse and over stress it.  Here's what I've planted.
In Bed #4 B are the lettuces:

  1. Asian Red - Pinetree
  2. Winter Density - Seeds Now
  3. Baby Oakleaf - Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds
  4. Crisphead - Seeds Now

Bed #4 C are all bush beans:

  1. Gold Crop Bush Beans - Pinetree
  2. Calima Bush Beans - Pinetree  These are my favorite bush beans of all time, I grow them every year.


Next bed #4 D are all of the summer squashes:

  1. Greening's Green Tint - Southern Exposure Seeds
  2. Lebanese White Marrow Squash - Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds
  3. Yellow Crookneck - Seed Saver's Exchange
  4. Zephyr Squash - Pinetree
  5. Zucchetta Rampicante Tromboncino - Pinetree


Bed #4 E is okra:

  1. Hill Country Red - Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds
  2. Jambalaya - Pinetree
And the final bed is #4 F which is Queen Ann Black-eyed Peas from Pinetree Seeds. 

Whew! Glad that's done.  John's hooking up the automatic water for this bed tomorrow for me.  Meanwhile today I started on the Squash House - although this year its going to be mostly a Bean House again.
I got one whole side done, and I'll do the other side tomorrow.

Today's side has:




Meanwhile - the rice is growing! I'm trying to keep it watered every day so that it doesn't dry out.
And I believe all of the potatoes are now sprouted! As soon as they get a bit taller, I'll be adding soil until it reaches near the top.
I've also transplanted the Texas Grano 502 onions that I started from seed back in January.  They look pretty good and I hope I'll have some decent size onions from them this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment