Friday, April 1, 2016

A is for Aloe Vera

I'm taking part in the A to Z Blog Challenge again this year -- I had lots of fun with it last year and it keeps me on my toes, trying to keep to a schedule and find a creative way to participate.  My theme will be the same this year, my garden and our homestead.

Take a look at how my one little Aloe Vera plant has grown since last year!  It spent the summer last year out in the potted garden, mostly in the shade, then when the weather turned cold, it went into the greenhouse.  I just shoving it on a bottom shelf, watering it occasionally.  This thing has outgrown it's container, and has so many little babies around the edges.  I'm going to have to re-pot it, and break out many of the little plants.

My mother always kept an Aloe Vera plant around in case of burns, and it is also good for skin irritations.

After I've re-potted these, they are going right back in the potted garden in the same place as last year.  This plant obviously likes it there!




1 comment:

  1. Aloe Vera is one of my favorite plants because it's so easy to grow and you do end up with lots of little babies to plant elsewhere!

    @ShonnaSlayton from
    Author Shonna Slayton

    ReplyDelete