Sunday, May 17, 2015

Movie Review --- Mad Max: Fury Road

Out of bounds! CLASSIC Mad Max! Thrill ride! A perfect nod to the original series.... all of these describe the latest Mad Max movie perfectly.

Honestly, I had a bit of anxiety about seeing this movie -- would they ruin my memories of Mel Gibson as the original Max?  Would it be too bloody and violent (with all of the latest movie magic available to directors these days?) Thankfully, none of this worry was necessary -- I think Mel would be pleased by how Tom Hardy treated Max.  I don't think he said more than 15 words in the whole movie!  A man of few words -- mostly grunts. ha!

I had read that some men were worried that this movie was going to be some femi-nazi rant on how women are treated, but I didn't find it to be so.  I'm pretty sure that people in a post-apocalyptic world will revert to their base selves, more like animals, which is the world that Fury Road is set in.  Why try to insinuate that its more of a message then that? People are base.  Its the truth.  Only a social pact by some people in society adds the very thin layer of politeness or "proper" behaviour to our world. And that's defined by everyone differently.

Anyway, I really liked the movie.  This was much more Imperator Furiosa's movie anyway, not Max's.  If you're a fan of the original series, you'll like it too! 4 Stars!


No comments:

Post a Comment