Tuesday, September 2, 2014

September 2, 2014 Photo and Journal Challenge

Today's topic is Jewelry.    I chose my wedding ring, since its the only piece of jewelry that I always have on me.  I can't get the wedding band off any more, but the engagement ring still comes off.  The back of this ring is really worn thin, but after 44 years I guess it makes sense!
We bought our rings at Christmas, 1969, when I went to meet his family for the first time. John had left San Antonio and was temporarily stationed in Georgia at that time.  I flew in to Georgia, and we drove together to  Vero Beach.  John took me to Zeran's Jewelry store and we picked them out together. John was airman first class in the Air Force and I was going to San Antonio Jr. College. Gosh, we were so young.

John has a replacement ring since he had accidentally burned his first ring (and his finger!) against the battery in my dad's RV and we had to have it cut off   And my first diamond was lost several years ago, it just fell out of the setting and we never found it, so we replaced it too. 
Forty four years....who would have thought?!

No comments:

Post a Comment