Saturday, May 11, 2013

The rain in Spain falls mostly on the plain.....

"When the world wearies, and society ceases to satisfy, there is always the garden." ---  Minnie Aumonier


The garden is loving the recent rain we've received.  About 1/2 " total over the last couple of days, but it's been appreciated.  The garden really responds to the lightning, though, and seems to grow inches overnight when we get it!
 Garden growing steadily....the scarecrow (Maisy) is there on the right.  She fell over with the winds last weekend, so she needs a little makeover that I'll be giving her today.

 The beans are starting to reach for the sky...I'm having the train them over to the netting. It's a real chore, but once they get a hold, they'll start climbing on their own.
 Those few withered up potatoes that I put in have actually come up. I'm as surprised as you! I count about 10 plants peeking out.
I had to freeze some snow peas on Friday. They were really piling up, and I know I need to go out and pick more today.  I put up 7 small bags to add to stir fry this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment