Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Mom on Wednesday, April 3rd

Mom was having a bad day today, very agitated.  I really hate days like this...it was an overcast day, the room was dark, over-heated (because people her age like it HOT), and she was giving the aide that was there to shower her a very bad time.
She doesn't want to be touched anymore.  It's almost as if she wants to be left alone in her bed or chair and not moved.  I don't think she hurts, but she is resistant to any movement.  It made me want to cry.  After the aide left, she did relax some and slept fitfully, waking occasionally to jerk her leg up or grasp at something unseen in the sheet.
After her meds she did seem to totally relax more, so I felt a bit better about it by the time I left.  I know I just have to accept each day as it comes and be happy about the good days, but today wasn't one of them.






God grant me the serenity 
to accept the things I cannot change; 
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment