Sunday, July 1, 2012

Here we go again....

John and I have both joined Weight Watchers.  We started the program today.  John's doctor told him to lose 40 pounds, and I could stand to lose a lot more then that, so we're doing it together.  I bought out HEB the other day with enough staples to have around so that we can be successful.  I know I have to think about this as a long range, new eating habits plan.

Tonight I made a really delicious meal called "Garlic Basil Shrimp."  It was quite good!  I added a few extra zero point vegetables (some of our green peppers, a handful of fresh spinach and a zucchini I brought in tonight from the garden) to it so that it would be a bit more filling for John.  I think you could add just about any veggies you have around.  We really liked it.  Only 4 points per serving, too.  Over 1/2 cup of rice, it made a nice filling meal.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome. Points are so easy to track. Good luck and glad you did it.

    ReplyDelete