Sunday, July 1, 2012

Movie Review --- Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter

I went to see this movie today since I've been reading the book.  I haven't finished it yet, so I can't tell you how close they stuck to the ending, but they really skimmed through a lot of the story.  I know that you can't put everything in, but I think the book is so much better.  I guess they have time to develop the characters more in writing.
The movie is highly entertaining -- the actor, Ben Walker, who plays Abe did a great job. I don't think I've ever seen him before. And I loved the film style, a mix of comic book slow motion action with a graphic style. Lots of blood, axes flying, jumping and gashing, teeth chomping, silver bullets...a bloody good time.
Rufus Sewell plays the head vampire, always the bad guy in every movie I've ever seen him in.  Alan Tudyk (brown shirt nod to one of my favorites from Serenity!) plays a bit part as Stephen A. Douglas.
It's a great, fun way to spend a few hours away from the heat of a Texas summer, so go see it!

2 comments:

  1. I read this book with my book club and I was surprised how good it was! I should have known you'd be reading it too LOL!! Did you read Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by same author?! -Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, but this one was a great read! I had a hard time putting it down.

    ReplyDelete