Friday, May 4, 2012

My lovely potting shed


The old shed
I don't think I ever blogged about my potting shed.  I am in LOVE with it!! During the Christmas holidays, when JR and Ashley were here visiting, we decided to take an old animal barn that we had on the property (the very first out-building that we built when we moved out here, actually.  We bottle fed many baby animals in this little barn.) and convert it into a potting shed for me and our vegetable garden.  We haven't really used this building in a long time, it was just a place to throw things that we didn't want to throw out (yet, ha!), but didn't use much.  Cobwebs, rusty junk, and broken tillers.  I had already cleaned some of the junk out before we started. While Ashley and I stained wood, JR and John went to work putting in the potting bench and backboard.



I'm so happy about how it turned out!  I've added a black metal shelf unit and hung up some battery powered lights in case we need to go out there in the evening.  I have to say, I am in this shed every single day now.  It's brought new life to this little building! I'm planning (shhhh! don't tell John, I have to bring up these little plans with absolute perfect timing with him! ha!) to add a small greenhouse on the side of this building sometime in the future.
My rack full of supplies I'm saving for my secret project that I'm not telling John about yet.
My potting bench.

No comments:

Post a Comment