Sunday, May 1, 2022

Spring and Summer Garden, 2022 - Bed D4

My problem bed.  There is okra and python beans at the back, and regular green beans in the rest of the bed. I had an insect problem (red ants) right after I planted and they took out quite a few of the green beans before I realized it. I've fixed (💀) the problem with the ants and have replanted, but as you can see it's still early for the beans. 

\

At the back by the fence there are my two "new to me" plants, and what I'm kind of excited about. Should be interesting! And the rest of the bed is bush beans.

Motherland Okra - from West Africa, pods and leaves are edible.

Chinese Python Snake Bean - an edible gourd, grows up to 60" long and 1-1/2" thick. Best eaten at about 12".

Prevail Bush Bean - another nice, straight green bean.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment