Sunday, January 5, 2020

The 2020 Garden Has Begun!

Sunday, January 5, 2020
Used the new soil blocker that I got for Christmas today to make blocks for starting the hot peppers! It wasn't as easy as I thought it would be, but by the fourth try, I finally had one I could use. 

It's a balance between getting the soil just wet enough, filling the blocks and then using the right amount of pressure to place them on the foam tray. Whew! I finally made three I could use, which gave me 60 mini-blocks.

The third block holds:
The second block holds:
and the first block holds:

A few of these I only had a couple of seeds for, but hopefully they're still good. We shall see.  The tray with all three blocks went out to the greenhouse on a heat mat and with a grow light above it.

It was fun to finally start putting some seeds in soil! I'll be planting the sweet peppers next.

No comments:

Post a Comment