Friday, February 8, 2019

Garden Log - February 8, 2019

Today I started planting pots of basil in the greenhouse - so far I have Globe basil, Purple Ruffles basil, Lettuce Leaf basil, and a pot of classic Italian basil.  The weather has turned so cold, I didn't spend much time outside, though!
The greenhouse is filling up fast!


The tomato seedlings are growing so fast - I'm really looking forward to some of these. This Faelan's First Snow is supposed to have variegated leaves, but so far I'm not seeing any sign of that. Maybe when it gets older?
Pink Stuffer is going to be a large pink, hollow tomato. I can already tell it's a potato leaf. 
Dances with Smurfs! Doesn't that sound cool? A blue cherry tomato.
Hoping for an early spring so these can go out before I have to pot them up again. Meanwhile, the heater is on in the greenhouse for the next night or two.

Yesterday and today I spent time starting the seed mats for the spring garden. I've done all the beets and celery, and started on the carrots.  At least I got to stay inside where it's warm.

John dug up and brought in the entire fall/winter crop of carrots! Have I mentioned how much I love him lately? Well, I do.  They are lovely, and I'll get them all processed and frozen this weekend.
I'm pulling all the kale and spinach tomorrow. Pretty soon it will be clear so that we can start getting the beds ready for planting! Spring is coming.....


No comments:

Post a Comment