Sunday, February 10, 2019

Garden Log -- February 10, 2019

Today I froze about 7-1/2 pounds of carrots from the fall/winter garden.  They were just beautiful - the ones here on the left are Amarillo (yellow) and Cosmic Purple. And the picture on the right shows the beautiful Gniff carrots that originated in Switzerland.  I put 9 packs in the freezer! Whew! I think I know why a lot of people don't garden - that was a lot of work. It's so much easier to just buy a little package of carrots, all cleaned and peeled and ready to eat. But then, you wouldn't get all these gorgeous colors!

I got out to the greenhouse for the first time this weekend - it's such a muddy mess outside right now. I needed to check up on those little plants - and I was so happy to see a few more have shown up. I'll be transplanting more into Solo cups tomorrow.

This Butter Apple tomato is from Bunny Hop seeds - it's going to be a medium yellow.
 Then there's the Aussie - a large, fluted, red beefsteak tomato. Several of these came up! 
This is one of the hybrid tomatoes that I'm growing this year, Sweet Millions, which is supposed to be a high producing red cherry. Here's hoping!! 
 Several of the peppers that I'm excited about have sprouted! There's Aji Jobito (a small, rare, orange and mild pepper from Venezula), Ayvarski (a sweet red), and that Chinese space pepper, Total Eclipse HJ8 (which is a very mild, corkscrew red, less than1000shu)! 
 And finally, a few of the cole plants are up and going.  I'll wait until they get a bit bigger before I pot them up, but good germination so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment