Friday, December 7, 2018

Garden Log --- December 7, 2018

The greenhouse garden continues to grow - I've got a few trays of microgreens going in there. The seeds are getting a little old, but still getting some germination from them.  I'm going to have to get some fresh seed soon. 
The Ampletomate Himbeerfarbig tomato plant has started blooming.  Since it's in the greenhouse I'm giving it a good shake every day to help with germination. I put this one in a hanging basket since that's how it's promoted, and it's about 1-1/2ft. tall so far. If it starts to drape over, I'll hang it.
Not sure which this one is but I have a few blooms on it, too.
Out in the main garden I've been bringing in a few of the choy's - these went into a stir fry the other night.  This is the Toy Choy. Really delicious!
I received some cuttings and seeds from my FB garden group this week and I got them all planted out in the greenhouse.  There were some Paw Paw seeds that went into the fridge as they need to be chilled for a few months before planting.
There's Lavender Scallops, Crown of Thorns, Tumeric roots and Devil's Backbone. 
 I salvaged some of the bunching onions from the summer garden and have repotted them - these things are the most forgiving plants -- they pop right back even after being ignored and abused all summer.
JR and Ashley brought me a HUGE box of succulents that they cut back from their front yard this fall, and one of the plants was this Mother of Millions.  I'm trying to re-pot it and it's starting to respond. 
And finally, I've started to gather some seeds from the spent Morning Glory plants.  These are a mix of pink and blue varieties. 
I'm starting to plan the spring garden and decide what I'll be planting - the weather is rainy today, and cold, so that's the perfect way to spend my time. Now, how am I going to get John to expand the field garden by a few more rows?   ha ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment