Sunday, December 30, 2018

Garden Log -- December 30, 2018

My sweet and hot pepper starts

The sweet peppers went into the seedling cups today! I'm using a seed starter mix that was recommended to me by many of the gardeners in my FB group, ProMix.  I wish I could get it locally, but they didn't carry it at Home Depot.  I may try Lowe's the next time I go into town.  I had to order from Amazon.

  1. Doe Hill Pepper - these are the seeds I picked up at Monticello this past year when we visited there. An heirloom from pre-1900s. Yellow pepper
  2. Paradicsom Alaku Saga Szentes Pepper - yellow pepper
  3. Peperone di Cuneo Pepper - Italian from Cuneo, Italy Yellow and Red pepper
  4. Giant Sweet Devil's Horn - orange pepper
  5. Manganji Pepper - Red pepper from Kyoto, Japan
  6. Friggitello Pepper - another Italian pepper, green fry type
  7. Aranyalma Pepper - Hungarian pepper, yellow
  8. Rosso Dolce Da Appendere - red fry pepper from Southern Italy
  9. Chocolate Mini Bell - small maroon/brown red peppers
  10. Lilac Bell - purple bell peppers

I know....too many.  Good thing we love sweet peppers around here.  These will go out to the greenhouse on a heat pad tomorrow.

Next up, tomatoes, sometime early this next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment