Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Cookies for Christmas, Part 1

I've been in "getting ready for Christmas" mode this week and making some sweets for the various events that are coming up.  I started this past weekend while I had some help from my granddaughters! We made these delicious peanut butter chocolate candy spoons!

I did most of the chocolate dipping (using regular dark chocolate and white chocolate chips) and the girls did the decorating.  They love using sprinkles. 
Then on Monday I made these delicious no bake coconut pecan praline cookies (they're much more like candy, if you ask me!) I've made these for the past three years and they'll be in my Christmas cookie list every year -- my favorite!
Then yesterday I made these (also no-bake!) Oatmeal cocoa cookies.  My mother made these back in the day, and I've made them for our family forever.  They are easy and almost fool-proof.  Also quite delicious!
Today I made these snowball cookies -- this recipe has been around for so many years (my mom made these, too!) and are called by several names.  Here in south Texas the most common name is Mexican Wedding cookies. 




No comments:

Post a Comment