Monday, November 12, 2018

Hot Pepper Mustard

I found something new to try with the last of the hot peppers from the garden, Hot Pepper Mustard.  We're going to lose all of the peppers tonight (our first frost, and it's going to get pretty darn cold) so I fully expect to wake up to blackened pepper plants tomorrow.

Fairly easy to make because the base is already prepared, jarred mustard, so half the work is done!  I made 1/2 of the recipe, and it made 3 pints and 3 half pints, plenty!

 I definitely tasted as I worked, and it was super delicious! Sweet, mustardy, with a little kick! I used a combination of jalapenos, sugar rush peach, and a red hot pepper (can't remember the name), plus a couple of sweet red peppers to add color.  I did remove all of the seeds and membranes to keep the heat from being over-powering.


I can see us using this for ham and cheese appetizers, spread on tortilla roll ups with ham or turkey and cheese, or something similar.  It's really quite tasty, and not super hot at all!




No comments:

Post a Comment