Sunday, March 18, 2018

Garden Log --- March 18, 2018

Friday I took a break from gardening to catch up on other things, mainly a long trip to the grocery store, but on Thursday I finished up Bed B#3:

  1. Green Macereta Cauliflower (9) - Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds
  2. Mammoth Red Rock Cabbage (3) - Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds
  3. Brunswick Cabbage (6) - Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds
  4. Drumhead Cabbage (4) - Seedsnow.com
  5. Filderkraut Cabbage (1) - Seed Savers Exchange
  6. Chirimen Hakusai Cabbage (2) - Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds
  7. Michihili Cabbage (3) - Seedsnow.com

I got some fine netting to place over all of these to try to keep the cabbage worms at bay, I hope it works! I'll be spraying with BT, too, just to be sure.

That finishes up Beds A and B, so next week I'll move on to Bed C. 
I took a little time and planted some Fava Beans in one of the big tubs.  I soaked those overnight to give them a head start. Such huge beans.

Why is this picture upside down?

Today I spent time emptying four tomato buckets, cleaning those all up and replanting with some of the tomato plants I started in the greenhouse. Those four are out on the four corners of the squash house. All these seeds I got from a FB Group that I belong to (Heirloom Tomatoes and Vegetables.)

John's been working on the watering system for the garden, hope that will all be in place this week one day, too.


It's finally coming together!

No comments:

Post a Comment