I'm busy making this Zero point Taco Soup - it's my third batch since starting Weight Watchers, and I love having a jar of this ready to heat up when I want it. It's "zero" points to count (!!!!) and very filling!
Zero Point Taco Soup
Can of Black Beans
Can of Pinto Beans
Can of Northern Beans
Can of Corn
Can of Diced Tomatoes
1 lb. 99% Fat Free Ground Turkey
1 onion, chopped
1 stalk celery
1/2 c. diced red &/or green pepper
1 jar salsa of your choice (mild or hot)
Pkt. of Taco Seasoning
Can of Refried Beans, Fat Free
- Drain and rinse cans of black beans, pinto beans, and northern beans. Drain can of corn. Set aside.
- Spray pan and brown onion, celery and peppers. Put in your slow cooker.
- Spray pan and brown the ground turkey. Put it in the slow cooker.
- Pour in salsa, diced tomatoes, packet of taco seasoning and mix.
- Add beans and corn. Add about 4 cups of water and mix thoroughly. Turn slow cooker on high for about 4 hours, or low for about 6 hours. Add refried beans and stir until they are incorporated into the soup. Heat a while longer and then it's ready to eat! No other seasoning needed.
You can change out some of the beans if you prefer others, such as cannellini, kidney, navy, pink, or white beans. Whatever you have, really. So good! Since it's zero points, treat yourself to a dollop of sour cream, or avocado on top.
By the way - I lost 3 pounds this past week! Happy as can be with the program so far.