Tuesday, April 19, 2016

P is for Parsley

Curly Leaf Parsley

 Parsley is an herb that we have growing in our garden every year, and we've had some good success in keeping our plants alive for at least two years, with them going to seed the second year.  Last year my brother gave me a huge parsley plant that he had to dig up in his garden.  I'm getting lots and lots of little volunteers of this flat leaf Italian parsley at that end of the garden.
Flat Leaf Italian Parsley




There are two more plants going in Bed #1 this year, one is a curly leaved variety, and the other is the flat leaf Italian variety.  Toward the end of the summer, I'll cut and dry these leaves and then crush them for the spice rack.

Parsley is very good for you, by the way, not just a decoration for your plate. Lots of vitamin A, C and K.  I've heard that parsley tea is good for indigestion, but I can't imagine that it would taste very good! Uhmmm....no. I'll stick with Tums!

Little volunteer plants


No comments:

Post a Comment