Friday, November 6, 2015

Fall Garden Notes, November 6, 2015

Everything is growing out in the greenhouse, the Sleeping Lady tomatoes have put on fruit and are doing great.  This is a dwarf tomato plant, so it doesn't get real tall, which is great for the greenhouse.  I have a regular red cherry plant, too, and it's growing, but no fruit on it yet.
Out in the garden, some of the plants have been struggling with all of the water -- we've had some really great rain, and I'll never complain about rain, but I think I've lost some of the little Swiss Chard and beet plants.  The lettuce seedlings, however, seems to love the water.
 Burgandy Boston lettuce
 Lollo Rosa lettuce
Rapini Broccoli
 Rossa Di Treviso radicchio
 The celery is enjoying the water, too!
The pepper plants are all so loaded, they have to be braced up.  So many jalapenos, awk! I guess I'll have to do some more jalapeno rings.

Inside the greenhouse, all the little seedlings are growing well.  
Dwarf Pak Choy
Two little volunteer tomato plants that came up in the garden.  Not sure which these are, but I thought I'd give them a chance.
 More little seedlings.  Those are the two mini-banana trees that I got from Baker Creek in the spring. They've been on the pool deck ever since, but will be in the greenhouse for the winter.  I've been real impressed, these started at about 2" tall.
I have a few herbs going in the greenhouse -- Italian basil, red velvet basil, and cilantro so far.

As I sit here, it's raining again.  As we drove by Medina lake yesterday, we couldn't help but be impressed with how beautiful it looks now since the abundant spring rain that helped fill it.  Thank you, God, for all the rain this fall.  Keep it coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment