Sunday, February 1, 2015

Incubation Commencing!

I'm running an experiment on an old wives tale my mom told me about.  She said that her mother always said that the rounder the egg, the more likely it was a hen, and the more pointy the egg, the more likely it would be a rooster.  So I've collected a 17 round eggs from the hens and 1 pointy one, and set them in the incubator yesterday.

Now we wait 21 days to see what happens!

We've had this incubator for so many years, I can't even remember when we got it, but it still worked perfectly.  It's holding the heat at just 99.5 degrees, and nice and humid.  I don't have a humidity measuring instrument, but I ordered one that will come in this week.  From what I've read, the humidity is important, especially as it gets close to hatching time, so I'll feel better if I have one.

No comments:

Post a Comment