Thursday, April 3, 2014

Spring 2014 Garden Diary, Post 8

We've had a pretty busy week so far, so not much time for the garden.  I'm trying to get all of the planting done, since it appears (fingers crossed) that we're finally done with the freezes.  More garden posts coming as I have time!
 I think it was Tuesday evening that I planted the okra - soaked the seeds before for a day, so I hope we'll see some little sprouts before too long.
 These are the names of the okra we're trying this year - the Lady Finger plants can get up to 10 feet tall (!!!) but most likely not here in my poor Texas dirt.  We'll see.  The Stelley comes originally from Louisiana, and the Eagle Pass I got from the Native Seeds/SEARCH organization.  Of course, Clemson Spineless is an old standby, and I've had those seeds since 2012, so we'll see if we get anything at all from them.
 The peaches (I think there's about 10 still on the tree) are about the size of a quarter now!
 This is the Tangerine Cross vine that we put in for the hummingbirds last year...they are just about to burst out in color!
 Terrible picture, but the Alden grapes have a few tiny weensy little bunches on them.  I'll need to find my macro lens and try to take a better picture of these soon.  This is the third year these grapes have been in, so hope we get a few this year.
 One of John's Cabernet's put in last year.  They look real healthy -- still waiting on the new vines to start showing some life.....
Our garden helper - Sydney doesn't seem to know the concept of work.  Lucky dog!

No comments:

Post a Comment