Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Spring 2014 Garden Diary, Post 13 - End of April

Well, I've been depressed about the garden since this past weekend when the armadillo ruined some of my beds.  Today was the first day that I've finally drug myself out there to try and repair some of the damage and replant what was dug up.  John has put up some barriers trying to keep the critters out, and hopefully it will work.
I can't even make myself take pictures of it.  Depressing.

We did harvest some of the Golden Snow Peas - these plants are all okay (so far!)  Brought in 4.2 ounces. I'm trying to measure our outcomes in the garden again this year.
 Today I replanted some of the lemon squash and the zucchini in Bed #1 that were dug up.  This armadillo is not eating the plants, just pushing them up and out of the way, so I'm very sure it is an armadillo routing for grubs and worms.  Tomorrow I'll work on some more and replant some peppers that were pushed out. Between the late freeze and the critters, its been a rocky start to the spring garden! Arghhhhh!
These are my Egyptian walking onions - two years old.  They are starting to bulb.  I thought this one looked like a bag of snakes trying to burst out.  Anyone need some walking onion bulbs?

No comments:

Post a Comment