Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Mom Schwencke

Mom has had a bad few weeks -- she really had me scared last week, not eating and not responding.  Talking with the Hospice nurse, we all agreed that she has taken a turn for the worst, but she seems to have rallied again, at least for now.  I was going in to see her every other day for a while, but will be back to my regular schedule now.  Sunday her aide told me she ate her entire breakfast and lunch, so I guess she is better.
Napping most of the time.

Colleen and Joss and I visiting with Mom last week. 
Mom is so ready to join Dad, Danny and her sisters, brothers and parents in Heaven -- her body is keeping her here with us for now, though.  I'm not sure how I feel about that, but her quality of life is not good --- aging is so painful to watch.  She needs our prayers

"Grant unto us,
Lord Jesus,
ever to follow the example of Thy holy Family,
that in the hour of our mother's death
Thy glorious Virgin Mother
together with blessed Joseph
may come to meet her
and she may be worthily received by Thee
into everlasting dwellings:
Who livest and reignest world without end."

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment