Friday, May 17, 2013

Movie Review --- Into Darkness

If you were raised in the 60s, survived the 70s, were so busy you couldn't think during the 80s, skated through the 90s and have reached current time as a "Trekkie" (as I am) you will be TOTALLY satisfied by this wonderful movie! I loved it, loved it, loved it!!

They do a masterful job of giving loving nods to the original series, while bringing in themes and characters that you will remember from all of the movies.  There's a big surprise that I was not expecting (although John had read something about it before we went and didn't tell me....@#$%&!) that I won't share in case you go and I don't want to ruin the surprise.

Suffice to say, the actors do a great job with these familiar characters. The "bad" guy, Benedict Cumberbatch, did a fine job at his role and I think you'll appreciate his motivations.  Sigh....I want to go see it again. I can't help thinking of him as Sherlock Holmes now when I see him (by the way, when will be get some new episodes of that great British series?)

The "bad" guy -- won't tell you his name. You'll find out....
Do yourself a favor if you have a Trekkie bone in your body, and go see this!  And if you're not a Trekkie, you'll still enjoy it as a great action adventure in space.
5 STARS!! Yes, I said it. 5 STARS!!





There's even a Tribble cameo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment