Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Garden progress...

Walter: l hate it! 
Hub: We're retired.Gardening is what retired people do.
Walter: What do we want any damn vegetables for anyway?
Hub: They're good for you. Make you live to be 100.
Garth: Oh yeah? Yeah? To hell with that.
~~~ Second Hand Lions


 We have little tiny yellow squash!  Last year I had no luck with these, but so far so good this year!
The Gold Swiss Chard looks and tastes wonderful!  I can't believe I never tasted chard before last fall.  This has turned out to be one of our favorite veggies.  I've got to find out how to preserve it, since I planted three different varieties this year.  This one has grown the fastest.
 A couple of Black Krim tomatoes...they are oddly shaped.  Hope I can get them through to ripening. We shall see....
The Juliette's just look fantastic.  I've said it before, and I'll say it again...if you can only grow one variety, this one is the BEST! Very prolific.

I mulched all the peppers and the tomatillo plants today - they are finally starting to show some growth.  I've been fussing over them, probably too much.  Pictures tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment