Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Eeekkkk!!!

Went down to the garden today where John was busy weeding and watering the big back garden, and heard him say, "Hurry on down here! There's a snake!"
Just sayin', a snake is not something I'd actually run to see, but I did hurry a bit.  And he wasn't kidding!! This guy was about 4 feet long and moving fast.  I handed over my phone so he could try to get a picture.  We think it might be a Texas Yellow Bellied Racer, after doing some research online.  I'm so so so glad John saw it before me, I might have crawled out of my skin!
More and more San Marzano tomatoes are showing up....
The sunflowers are opening, but they are all turned towards the hoop house...I didn't think of that when I planted them here.  The outside of the bed is in the shade most of the day... Bad planning on my part! ha!

The lettuce that I planted last week is already sprouting! (I had to put some fencing on top to keep the darn cats out of the bed...I caught them laying on top of the little sprouts twice, squashing them flat!

Photo of the pepper bed that I mulched yesterday with oak leaves.  I'm not happy with these yet, they are smaller then I had last year. John fertilized them today, so we'll see how it goes. Sigh...

There's about 8 different green pepper plants....

and one hot banana pepper plant...

There are 12 purple tomatillos.




No comments:

Post a Comment