Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Spring!

Today I planted the onions.  Yellow and red onion sets, and yellow and white green onion starts. If we get any other freezing weather, the onions should be just fine, they can take some mild freezing weather.
The peas really loved the real rain and lightening that they got the other day, they are starting to reach for the fence now!
All the tomato towers are set up and ready to plant, but I'm a little afraid to put them in yet.  I wish the freezing nights were over!! I've purchased the new tomato plants and I'm ready to go.

John's been busy on his front gate project and has installed an electronic gate opener! FINALLY...after living here for 38 years, I won't have to get out of the car to open and close the gate when we come and go. I can't tell you how happy I am about it!

Our Afghan Pine tree is finally forming pinecones! It was planted about 8 years ago and this is the first year we've seen pinecones.  So exciting!




No comments:

Post a Comment