Monday, February 11, 2013

Early spring garden peas!

The spring garden officially kicked off today!  I'm actually a few weeks late on the peas, but I wanted to wait until we were back from vacation.
I planted three types of edible pod peas - Blue Podded Garden Pea (climbing), Mammoth Melting Sugar Snow Pea (climbing) and Desiree Dwarf Blauwschokkers Garden Pea (bush.)  All of these can be picked young and eaten as a snow pea.
One of my crooked little rows!
All of these seeds came from Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds...my FAVORITE place to order from.
Did I update about the Hoop House with the beginning of the cement floor? He ran out of cement, so we're off tomorrow to get the rest and finish it, then I'll take a pic. There's a corner of it showing in the next picture, but it's not finished.
The new peach tree is budding...my camera phone can't take closeups...maybe I'll try again tomorrow with the big camera.
Praying for no frost now that the trees are budding!

No comments:

Post a Comment