Friday, December 14, 2012

Sorrow...

There are no words for the grief that we're all feeling for the families affected by the senseless events today in Connecticut.  I cannot begin to understand what drives a young person to feel such divorce from humanity, or to understand the pain being felt by so many young families tonight. I could not keep watching the television today...it seems so ghoulish the way the media swarms around tragedy like this. The way the press and even the president felt like he had to become a part of the story. That's just wrong to me.
I'm sure over the next few days we'll find out more about what drove this young man to this dark place, but today...I couldn't take any more.



“Give sorrow words; the grief that does not speak knits up the o-er wrought heart and bids it break.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment