Sunday, December 16, 2012

Movie Review ---- Playing for Keeps 

I really wanted to like this movie...I really did.

It has one of my favorite guys in it, Gerard Butler.  I love him.  Or....maybe I just love him in macho-man action movies.  Because he really floundered in this movie.  It wasn't HORRIBLE, but just not the touching chick flick I was hoping for at the Christmas season.  My gauge is tears.  I didn't shed a single tear. Darn!

It was frustrating watching him play a character who just let life "happen" to him, acting like he was just helpless in making decisions for himself.  Not a fan of a character like that. There were very few "laugh out loud" scenes in this move, and the chemistry between he and Jessica Biel wasn't really there either.
Two stars.  Sad really.

No comments:

Post a Comment