Monday, July 9, 2012

"Sun" Dried tomatoes....

Here's how the tomatoes turned out in the dehydrator.  I tasted them and they are delicious.  I shake on some salt before turning on the dehydrator (I use Jane's Krazy Mixed-Up Seasoning Salt -- a really nice mix of salt with garlic and onion and a few other spices -- really great!)  It seems to give them the kick they need.
I know that most recipes for drying tomatoes call for you to skin them and take out the seeds.  I don't.  I actually think they are fine just the way they are without all of that prep.  I guess it's personal preference, but I think its a lot of work for no reason.  They come out a bit pliable, not totally dry and brittle.  I am storing them in the fridge in a baggie, removing as much air as I can.
 These are all from my Juliette tomato plant.  She is a super producer!

No comments:

Post a Comment