Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Crafty day....

Thankfully, I ran out of stain for the railing project outside early today, so I was able to spend some time doing something fun today!
A while back I ran into this nifty idea on a site that Colleen had found.  So, I thought that I'd make one of these for KT to use for naps and laying around at our house.

I found four coordinating pillow cases, two in King size and two in regular standard pillow size.  I wanted a little extra fabric to use for an addition to the project.  

I wanted to put KT's initial on it, and also a little extra fabric for tying it up when it wasn't in use.

I looked up a letter "K" and printed it out, cut out the fabric, ironed it on and then stitched around it with red thread.  I think it turned out pretty nice!

Then I sewed the pillow cases together, stuffed them with the pillows, and sewed them shut.  That last part was tricky and I'm trying to figure out how I could have done that better next time, if I make any others for possible future grandkids (sigh!) Ha!
This was a fun little project that only took about 2-1/2 hours.
I'll let you know how KT looks on it later this week!  She'll be over on Friday to try out her nap mat.

1 comment: