Saturday, February 1, 2020

This past week in the garden .....February 1, 2020

Beginning to clear the fall/winter garden so it will be ready to plant in March. All the carrots are pulled, washed and frozen. Nice amount, about 4.5 pounds -- I wish I had planted more. We both love carrots!



Our plum trees have decided it's spring already and they're committing suicide. Arghhhh!!!! At least the bees have a nice tasty meal during the winter. I'd be VERY surprised if we don't have another hard freeze and lose all of these potential plums. Very sad.

The little pepper and tomato seedlings are up and growing. I'm busy every day transplanting these into little grow bags so they will continue to grow and get ready to go out into their permanent place in mid-March. 
 (Sweet pepper seedlings)
 (Baby tomatoes in grow bags)

I was gifted some garlic bulbils this fall and threw them into a pot on the greenhouse porch. They've sprouted!! This is a long project, it will be over a year before I'll see garlic bulbs from these, but it's fun to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment