Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Garden Log ---- Fall/Winter Garden 10/9/2018

This is the second post to document what's planted in the Fall/Winter Garden.  

Before we went on vacation I had started quite a few seedlings in 4" pots, and I was so sure I had a great set up for them to survive while we were gone by putting them under the shade cloth and directly in place under the automatic sprinklers.  The only thing I didn't count on was way too much rain while we were gone.  Most of them drowned, but I was able to save a few of them.  These are in Bed A4:
Before the drowning

  • Cabbage, Drumhead
  • Cabbage, Chirimen Haikasu
  • Cabbage, Scarlette F1
  • Broccoli, DiCicco
  • Broccoli, Green Goliath
  • Broccoli, Waltham
  • Cauliflower, Candid Charm Hybrid
  • Cauliflower, Orange Burst Hybrid
  • Cauliflower, Erfurter
In Bed B1:
  • Choy, Shanghai Green
  • Choy, Toy
  • Choy, Purple
  • Choy, China Jade
  • Choy, Canton Boy
  • Bok Choi
  • Peppers, Stocky Golden Roasters
Pretty little Violet Sparkle peppers
Bed B2: 
  • Pepper, Violet Sparkle
  • Pepper, Jimmy Nardelo
  • Pepper, Lipstick
  • Pepper, Gypsy Hybrid
  • Kale, Premier
  • Kale, Chinese
  • Kale, Casper
  • Kale, Blue Scotch
In Bed B3:
  • Onion, Awahia
  • Onion, Tropeana Lunga
  • Onion, Copper of Milan
Do you see the little green loop in the center -- that's a tiny onion coming up!

That takes care of the main garden area.  Almost everything is starting to germinate and grow -- the rain is continuing and these plants love it.

The Squash House is planted with peas. Most of these I only had about 10 seeds, so I was able to put in several varieties.

Shelling Peas:
  • Champion of England (seeds I got at Monticello!)
  • Wando
  • Thomas Laxton
  • Purple Podded
  • Progress 9
  • Dark Seeded Early Perfection
Snow or Sugar Snap Peas:
  • Oregon Sugar Pod II
  • Sugar Ann
  • Dwarf Grey Sugar
  • Sugar Magnolia
That's a wrap.  I'll do another post when I get the greenhouse planted up.  I'm still not ready to move all my plants, I think I'll wait until there's a real chance of a frost.



No comments:

Post a Comment