Monday, October 8, 2018

Garden Log ---- Fall/Winter Garden 2018

I know I've been quiet on the blog for a few months, but I've been busy, I promise!  We took a little vacation (blog post to follow in a while) and in between I've been planning and planting the fall/winter garden.  John did all the hard work, of course, all the tilling and placing the automatic waterers back in place.
Over the next few days I'm going to play catch up here and document what I've planted, since I do use this journal as my memory!
Baby Spinach coming up!
Bed A1:   

  • Early Wonder Tall Top Beets
  • Geante Blanche Beets
  • Golden Beets
  • Chicory, Verona Red
  • Chicory, Indent Leaf Catalan
  • Endive, Broad Leaf
  • Endive, Green Curled
  • Sweet Red Cheese Peppers (hold over from Spring/Summer)

Bed A2:

  • Corn Salad, French
  • Corn Salad, Dutch
  • Corn Salad, Verte a Couer Plein 2
  • Spinach, Red Kitten
  • Spinach, Regeant
  • Spinach, America
  • Spinach, Gigante di Inverno


Bed A3:

  • Carrots, Pusa Asita
  • Carrots, Little Finger
  • Carrots, Cosmic Purple
  • Carrots, Solar Yellow
  • Carrots, Yellowstone
  • Carrots, Shin Karoda
  • Carrots, Chantenay Red Core
  • Carrots, St. Valery
  • Carrots, Mixed
All of these are germinating and most have started growing.  The rains we've been having have really helped. 


Sweet Red Cheese Peppers

I'll post more tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment