Friday, February 5, 2016

Winter Garden Notes, February 4, 2016

We have little sprouts! Here are the ruby red onions.....
and a few of the tomatoes have sprouted.

Meanwhile the greenhouse tomatoes continue to ripen.  I took this photo the other day and these have all turned red now.
I've been busy starting more trays of seedlings.  So far I've planted:









And despite promising John that I wouldn't over-do it this year on the tomatoes, I wanted to try these free seeds that I got from Totally Tomatoes with my order this year.  Gialio de Summer.  We'll see how they do.

All of the fruit trees have been pruned and we are planning to spray them early next week.  I'll be pruning the few rose bushes then, too.  We had some really nice warm days last week, so I'm hoping these trees don't get confused and start budding too soon!

Thankfully the groundhog has predicted an early spring for us this year, right?!!



No comments:

Post a Comment