Thursday, April 2, 2015

B is for Basil

This year for the first time I've started my basil from seed!  I see the big plants in the garden store and am so tempted to buy them, you know -- instant gratification, but I'm making myself wait on these little guys.  After all, what's the rush?
 These are the Italian Large Leaf basil.  
And these are the Red Velvet basil!

I love, love, love basil!  In the past few years I think I've tried it in about every way you can use it - fresh, dried in recipes, basil salt, but my favorite way to use it is in the Walnut Basil Pesto -- spread on some crusty bread for a delicious sandwich. or on cream cheese with crackers. I've made this stuff many times and it is Yummm!  I can not wait!!



1 comment:

  1. I love fresh basil. But whenever I purchase, I always have more than I need.

    I'd love to grow my own herbs.

    ReplyDelete