Thursday, April 24, 2014

Spring 2014 Garden Diary, Post 12

The golden sugar snow peas have been popping up all over the vines - so pretty!  I'm going to have a pretty good harvest of these in a few days. 
 I had to pick a few just to try them with our salad tonight -- delicious.  I really do love these.  The picture doesn't do the golden color justice -- they look green here, but they aren't.
 Wanted to show you the thorns covering these Litchi Tomato plants, but I can't get a good photo of them.  I need to dig out a better camera.  They are growing fast...can't wait to see what they look like as a mature plant.
The dog water pan sprung a leak, so we repurposed it as a succulent dish!  I just love these plants, and they so well here, as long as I don't overwater them.
Today I started a tray of three different types of gourds - I plan on putting them along the fences if they do well.  I have a dipper, a bottle gourd, and those dinosaur gourds started.


No comments:

Post a Comment