Wednesday, March 5, 2014

What I'm Reading --- Cemetery Dance


I've been listening to this book by the writing team of Preston and Child, the 9th in the series.  I've been a big fan of these two since I saw a movie made from one of their earlier books, Relic.  They follow a cast of characters that include special agent of the FBI, Aloysius Pendergast, and NYPD Lt. Vincent D'Agosta.  These two have worked cases throughout most of this series -- and I just love the chemistry these two have. Since then I've read two others, Mount Dragon and Fever Dream.

This one has it all -- voodoo, the walking "dead", one of the regular cast of this series is killed off at the very beginning (no spoilers here!) and a secret cult killing animals as sacrifice in the smack middle of Manhattan.  When the neighbors of this creepy villa start complaining of the noises, the mystery begins.  Very entertaining.  I highly recommend you start at the beginning, though, it helps to build the relationships between everyone if you read the earlier works first. Start with Relic. Most of these books are set in the Museum of Natural History, a fantastic place to find mystery.

No comments:

Post a Comment