Sunday, December 8, 2013

Around the house.....

We had to replace the water tank outside this week.  It's always something, I tell you.  It's several years old, so I guess it was about time, but I don't know why it always has to be on the coldest day of the year. Sigh... Thank goodness for John! 
His knee is doing very well, by the way.  He had his first doctor follow up appointment, and the doc was very pleased at his progress.

 I cut open the only Lady Godiva pumpkin that we grew in the garden this past year, planning to save some of the seeds for next year.  These are the "naked" seeds that you can roast.  I really didn't have enough from this one small pumpkin, but maybe next year.

 The Christmas cactus that I have had on the kitchen window sill all year has actually bloomed.  I always thought you had to go to all kinds of rig-a-ma-roll to get these to bloom (like put them in a dark place for some time, dry them out, etc.) but I was surprised to find you can just ignore them! ha!  
A macro shot of one of the blooms.  Pretty blushing pink!

No comments:

Post a Comment