Sunday, April 7, 2013

Let's see what happens....


Today I took a baggie full of seeds that I saved from last year that were "extra", meaning I saved so much more than I needed to, and planted them out back of the house and pavilion, against the property fence. These included lots of bird house gourds, various pumpkins, and several types of winter type squashes.

I wasn't going to use them, and I figured, why not?  Let's see what happens.  John thinks I'm crazy, but heck, they were just going to die sitting in a baggie for years.

I just took a hoe and dug a trench kind of winding it's way down the fence line wherever I could find enough dirt (lots of rock back there), threw in seeds that were all mixed up, and covered them back up with dirt.  Then I watered them in good.

We'll see.


Mouse,  was on guard duty while I was back here digging in the dirt!

No comments:

Post a Comment