Saturday, February 2, 2013

Hoop House has begun....

John has been working hard on getting the hoop house done for me....he's the hardest worker I know.  Sometimes he worries me the way he won't hardly stop to eat lunch or take a break.  Whew...I get tired just watching him.
The floor is ready for concrete, which he picked up yesterday (thanks, Jeff, for bringing the trailer!)   He bought about 35 bags or so of concrete.


We also spent a day planting some of the fruit that I've been accumulating over the past few weeks.
These are the two Southern Highbush Blueberries we put behind the chicken house.
Two new figs (Celestial and Kadota) added to the Texas Brown Turkey that we already had. The Kadota is the fig that Fig Newtons are made out of!
The three new Brazos Blackberries are in.
I don't have a photo of them, but we put in two pecan trees, also.  Pawnee and Mahan.  They are a long term project...we won't see any pecans from them for several more years, but here's hoping!

One last thing was to get one of the beds ready for the peas.  I'm going to plant them soon, as they like cooler weather - I have three varieties of peas, two snow peas and an heirloom pea...more about them when the time comes!


No comments:

Post a Comment