Monday, December 31, 2012

Packaging the saved pumpkin/squash seeds

Today I spent some time putting all of the seeds that I've saved from the various pumpkins and squash from this past fall.  These should last several years...according to a table I found online they should last about 4 years.  I have multiples of all of them, so again...if you'd like any seeds, just let me know.
KT is featured in the photo I put inside the packets for the Cinderalla pumpkins.  This was a picture from the Medina Pumpkin Patch with her sitting in a pile of Cinderalla pumpkins!
FYI, here's the little table that I found online that tells how long most garden seeds should last:
  • Beans - 3 years 
  • Beets - 4 years 
  • Broccoli - 3 years 
  • Cabbage - 4 years 
  • Carrots - 3 years 
  • Cauliflower - 4 years 
  • Corn - 2 years 
  • Cucumbers - 5 years 
  • Lettuce - 6 years 
  • Peas - 3 years 
  • Peppers - 2 years 
  • Pumpkin - 4 years 
  • Radish - 5 years 
  • Spinach - 3 years 
  • Squash - 4 years 
  • Tomatoes - 4 years


No comments:

Post a Comment