When I cut it open it was a brilliant, beautiful orange gold.
- Cut the top off, scoop out the seeds and stringy guts - save the seeds!
- Place the top back on, then spray the pumpkin with a little olive oil.
- Pop it in the oven, covered with tin foil.
- Baked at 350 for about 1-1/2 hours.
- Cut into slices and scoop away any left over strings, and then the pumpkin from the skin.
- The chickens will get the skin and any bits of cooked pumpkin that are left on them in the morning!
- Mash the cooked pumpkin, then place it in the blender and make puree (isn't that a brilliant orange!?)
Scoop the puree into a piece of cheesecloth and hang to remove some of the liquid. I'll leave it overnight and pack this away into the freezer tomorrow. Most recipes call for about 2 cups of pumpkin, so I'll freeze in that amount.
Now, I only have 3 more white pumpkins that I raised this year to process the same way....whew!