I just had to see what all the fuss was about...I'm not normally the audience for any documentary, and especially any politically charged documentary, but I've read so much about people's reactions to this one, we just had to go see.
First, I was expecting a real hatchet job. But it wasn't that. In fact, if anything, the author is sympathetic to young Obama's wildly erratic childhood, thanks to a childlike mother who seemed to be searching for her own fulfillment despite the emotional damage it was doing to her children. She married Obama's father who hid the fact that he was already married in Africa. Then divorced him and married another man from Indonesia - leaving and divorcing him when he was moving toward embracing (gasp!) capitalism. She was raised as a socialist and raised her children that way. Her parents made sure that young Obama was mentored by another socialist when she dumped him back on her parents to raise.
My take-away from this movie:
- Obama is a socialist, if not a communist.
- He wants America to suffer for the sin of colonization ("taking" Hawaii as a state, oil from the middle east, goods from across the world.)
- He hates England for the same reason.
- His sympathies lay with Muslims.
- Obama is emotionally damaged.
- He wants to use what he feels were the ill-gotten riches of the US to enrich the 3rd world countries of the globe, and as an intended consequence, he wants the US to suffer.
- Our universities, especially the bigs such as Harvard, are a festering hotbed of socialists, communists, and America haters.
- .....and the biggest lesson of this movie is that our media cannot be trusted to tell us the truth. They are so partisan that they will intentionally not do the job that they are entrusted with - they did not do the hard work of vetting Obama. He even handed them the research material in his book, "Dreams of my Father" and they ignored it. They have been derelict in their duty.
The movie is fairly short, about 1-1/2 hours. I recommend it to anyone who would like to know a bit more about their president before the next election. Don't be afraid of it, its not a waste of your time, I assure you.