Friday, July 6, 2012

WW meals & recipes for week of July 1, 2012


Since this is my blog, I'm going to be using it to keep track of which recipes and meals that John and I are having that have either been successful (and we'll want to eat again) or not so much (and we'd like to forget! ha!) So if this doesn't interest you at all, please just skip over these posts.

Meals & Recipes for Week of 7/1/2012

Sunday 7/1: Garlic Basil Shrimp - 4 points
Loved this and will definitely make it again, but need to add some zero point veggies to it, or serve them on the side to make it enough to be filling.

Monday 7/2: Sautéed Tilapia with Almonds and Cherries - 4 points
Delicious, and John agreed.  

Tuesday 7/3: Chicken, Mushroom, and Brown Rice Slow Cooker Casserole - 5 points
(From WW website) This was good, but not a very big serving. Needs to be served with a side veggie and a salad to make a meal. 

Wednesday 7/4:  4th of July @ Kathy & Mike's.   Frozen WW meals in evening.

Thursday 7/5: Low Fat Baked Ziti with Spinach - 9 points
Hmm...I thought we'd love this one, but I know why I didn't.  It's the wheat pasta -- I just have never like the taste of it.  I think I'd have really liked it otherwise (I wonder if there's much of a difference in the point count between regular and wheat?)  I used fresh spinach instead of frozen. I might add mushrooms and some other veggies to it if I ever make it again.  I also substituted cottage cheese for the ricotta.  The points came out the same.

Friday 7/6:       John's baseball night - leftovers!

Saturday 7/7: Grilled Turkey Burgers served with watermelon



No comments:

Post a Comment