Saturday, October 1, 2011

The Great New England tour adventure begins....

At 4:00 a.m. this morning (I'm not kidding...4:00 A.M.!) I haven't seen 4 a.m. in so long I can't even remember.  I've been retired for 3 full months now....4:00 a.m. is not something in my vocabulary.  But today it was.  We had a God-awful early flight on SW airlines to Boston, by way of a 2 hour layover in Chicago.  It was cold in Chicago (what little I saw of it out of the airline windows) and I had to don a sweater just to be comfortable at the waiting gate for our next flight.
We arrived in Boston about 10 minutes later then planned because we had a bit of a bumpy ride into the city, the white-knuckle kind of landing.  But here we are! And I had to take the sweater off immediately - it was probably in the 80s at 3:30pm (eastern time).  We had a LONG ride via Go Boston van to several hotels in the city to drop of a couple of other folks (which was nice actually because we got a pre-tour of the entire city!), then we finally got to our hotel out in Waltham, MA at about 5pm.  We're not actually in the city, but just outside, at a very nice Westin.  Impressive! Nice room.  
We're about to go to get a bite for dinner and then an early night because tomorrow the plan is the Trolley Tour of Boston.  They stop at 19 different stops and you can get on and off at your leisure.www.trolleytours.com
I'm excited to see some American history tomorrow!!!!


and...tomorrow there will be pictures, I promise.  Let's see what we can see ...
Night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment